I've got a serious ongoing obsession with dresses. Welcome to my dream closet.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

killing me softly...

That would be Saks I'm talking about. With their awesome sale prices. I had this whole other blog post in the works, and then I found out that about said sale. Online now, in stores tomorrow. Then I checked out what sort of prices were to be had on dresses at the aforementioned sale, and my head pretty much exploded. Yup. I found these TWENTY-FIVE lovelies within minutes. (Click for larger image.)(from L to R) 1. under.ligne by doo.ri drawstring mini dress, 2. tory burch marsha silk dress, 3. tibi rio silk caftan tunic, 4. tibi chelsea abstract print dress, 5. theory virgilia madras plaid dress, 6. thakoon shadow print smocked dress, 7. shoshanna strapless silk mesh jacquard dress, 8. shoshanna sand dollar eyelet dress, 9. robert rodriguez sequin tank dress, 10. notte by marchesa sequin mini dress, 11. milly jacquard puzzle dress, 12. mbymj wave print interlock dress, 13. lotus grace bow-belted polkadot dress, 14. jay godfrey racerback pailette dress, 15. gryphon sequin embellished shift dress, 16. elie tahari lisette lace georgette dress, 17. dvf ninel strapless dress, 18. dvf mortiz dress, 19. dvf mademoiselle silk chiffon dress, 20. dvf lelette strapless dress, 21. dvf jaelle gypsy halter dres, 22. dvf breeze pintucked shirtdress, 23. bcbgmaxazria 2 for one piece dress, 24. alice + olivia silk tank dress, 25. ali ro striped gingham combo dress

I tend to stay away from Saks because, well, it's usually many many times above my price range. But on sale... well, everything in that mosaic above was $250 or less, with a lot in the $80 to $150 range, and that's do-able. With some proper budgeting, anyway.
Right? Right? Sigh. Moving along, here are a couple other pieces that I REALLY liked, but don't think I could quite pull off...
Still really loving the ikat prints. They can stick around for another year or two, and I'll still be enjoying them. (Carmen Marc Valvo Ikat Print Dress)
This is WAY WAY out of my comfort zone style-wise, but I just kept going back to it. Somehow, it all comes together so perfectly for me. (Z.Spoke by Zac Posen Matte Silk Judith Dress)

So, not that I'm encouraging any excessive or out-of-budget spending, but there's lots of eye candy to be had over on Fifth Avenue. Hope you find something lovely to covet!

PS. All photos are from the Saks website.

1 comment:

  1. #2, please, tell me you did NOT buy 25 dresses at one time.

    ReplyDelete